Swami Vivekananda was known as the Youth Icon of India. Hence, his birth anniversary, 12 January, is celebrated as National Youth Day in India. He is known for giving motiovational, enlightening and powerful quotes on various topics in order to strenghthen people.
So, it is obvious that he has given lots of quotes and comments for the youngters or the youth.
Here are 10 quotes by Swami Vivekananda for youngsters:
– My Faith is in the Younger Generation, the Modern Generation, out of them will come my workers. They will work out the whole problem, like Lions.
– Youth is the best time. The way in which you utilize this period will decide the nature of coming years that lie ahead of you.
– Brave, bold people, these are what we want. What we want is vigor in the blood, strength in the nerves, iron muscles and nerves of steel, not softening namby-pamby ideas. Avoid all these. Avoid all mystery.
– The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
– Youth means to place your firm confidence in yourself and exercise your hopeful determination and resolution and willing good intentions in this beautiful task of self-culture.
– My hope of the future lies in the youths of character, intelligent, renouncing all for the services of others, and obedient – good to themselves and the country at large.
– All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
– Strength is life, Weakness is Death.
– Be a Hero. Always say, ‘I have no fear’.
– Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead. If you lose, you can guide!